Thursday, September 29, 2011

Alcatraz



Main jail house
huge!
Library!
3 floors tall!
one cell.. with bed, toilet, table, and their things they liked to do.
visitation area! there is a hole in the smaller one
Kitchen
This is the apartments that the families of the guards lived in.

This was so cool! We only got to see half of it because our parking was almost up so we had to leave:( I want to go back again before we leave! If anyone wants to come with come on down! So many more buildings and things to learn about. There was also a former inmate that was on alcatraz there signing the books he wrote about his life on alcatraz. I want to read it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

cool! I wanted to go visit Alcatraz when I was in CA a while ago but am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to handle the boat ride out there. :)