Sunday, March 15, 2009

This is Jonathan Andrew Barfuss! He was born March 11, 2009 at 12:06 P.M. He was 6 lbs 3 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. He was 3 weeks early and one day before he would have been considered full term. Things went fast that morning! My water broke at 4:45 in the morning and I knew I didn't wet the bed since I went to the bathroom a half hour before that plus it was a lot! I tapped Jason on the shoulder and said, "honey I think my water just broke!" Jason said, "really are you sure you didn't wet the bed?" He told me to go and sit on the toliet and see if it stops but it didn't. All of a sudden I was cramping and I was cramping bad! We laid down and Jason timed my contractions. They were about 4-9 mins apart. I was in so much pain so Jason called the doctor. She told us to get to the hospital. Jason grabbed our stuff and we got into our rental car (Our car was in the shop) I realized my water was still coming like a waterfall! I was trying not to sit on the chair and get it all over the rental seat but it was hard. Jason grabbed a roll of paper towels we had in there and I sat on that. We get to the hospital and the roll and seat were soaked. I waddled my way inside and people in the entry way were stairing at us. a lady grabbed a wheel chair for us and said here it might help. We get up there and set up and tested to see if it was my water and sure enough it was... I sprayed the nurse! haha! then I found out I was 3 and a half centimeters. an hour later I was 4. then 2 hours later I was at 8 centimeters... it was coming fast! an hour later I was ready to push! i had my epidural shot and I was ready to push! I pushed for an hour and out came a beautiful baby boy! He had the cord wrapped around his neck two times so the doctor cut it fast and they got him breathing. they watched him for that day in the nicu then finally I got to hold my baby in my arms! He was ours and so amazing! i cried so hard because I was happy! I looked over and jason was holding him and loving him and crying! it was an amazing moment for us! I will never forget how we felt and what happened that wonderful day when Heavenly Father sent a beautiful angel into my arms and into our lives! We can not be any more happy then we are at this moment!

1 comment:

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you! And glad that yours went so fast! :D