Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday fun!

 Ok so here is my attempt at being a good mother. I have been tired of cleaning up the kids toys a million times a day! Plus doing everything else for them. I want to teach my kids responsibility and also teach them about money and saving. I found these charts on pinterest and printed them off. I then decided I would laminate them so the kids can use dry erase markers on them and we can reuse them. well I did not have a laminater so I used packaging tape:) then I hung them on the wall. We tried it out and it worked great. I told the kids if they do the chores they get one coin and then we can put it in their money jar and when they make enough they can pay tithing and buy a toy! They were so excited about this and got to work right away! I hope it stays exciting:)

 I worked on the kids Halloween costumes the past 3 days and I finally finished. Jonathan wanted to be a shark and natali didn't care so I decided to make them both shark costumes, Dakota (the dog) will be a life guard (thanks mom for finding the dog life guard outfit in Florida) and daddy and I are going to be shark attack victims. I bought the hoodie and pants to match (will keep them warm without covering up their costumes) and I bought some white and gray felt. I cut out the tummy and teeth and sewed them on and then I cut out a fin and some cardboard to put inside the fin to keep it straight. then I sewed that on the back. Last I took the white felt and I used a black paint pen I happened to have for a project I am making for Christmas and I used it to color the eyes black. It was pretty easy except I had to take natali's fin off a couple times to make it the right size.
 But here is the finished product. They  are going to be the cutest sharks I have ever seen but please folks stay clear of ANY kind of water this month including oceans, lakes, rivers, showers, toilets, and anything else that requires water. You never know when  they will pop up and bite you:)
 Here is tonight's Halloween dinner. It was perfect since it was a cold and rainy day.
Ghost beef soup. Its just vegetable beef soup and mashed potatoes. Jason said it didn't look like a ghost so sorry my ghosts don't look ghosty enough. I think this recipe is a keeper. I really enjoyed it and it warmed me up. I was freezing today! Well I hope you enjoyed this post. have a spooktacular evening:)

No comments: