Tuesday, July 6, 2010

latest

Well its been 6 weeks since I last saw my husband. I thought I would update everyone and let you know how things are going. I get to talk to Jason every Saturday and sometimes on Sunday as well. I get letters from him at least 2 times a week and this helps me make it by. Jason is doing good out there in Missouri. He says it is super hot and humid and they change clothes 2 times a day. we have 4 more weeks till graduation and he is so excited. He gets so sad somedays thinking about me and Jonathan and he wishes he could go outside and play with his son. Jonathan is loving trucks and cars now and plays with them all the time. Jason can't wait to be able to play trucks with him. Jason has been shooting guns and throwing hand granaids and he is loving it. His favorite is the machine guns! He is a big kid at heart! He said every other day they go on a march with their packs which weigh 20 lbs. Every time the go a little farther. I think the other day they marched 20 miles and he said his shoulders were so numb by the time they were done. I feel bad for him... some of the things he goes through.
Jonathan and I have been in Alaska for 2 and a half week now and Jonathan is loving it up here. Papa Den Boer takes him outside and he just plays with his trucks. You ask him where is trucks are and he will go find them for you. Jonathan finally started to walk officially last week and he is loving it and walking everywhere now. Jason wants Jonathan to walk up to him when we see him in 4 weeks. He is so excited! On Sunday night we head out on the airplane and going to Washington for our last 3 weeks of our adventure. Then off to Missouri and then off to California with Jason. I am so excited and I am so glad that the time has been going fast. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for my family members. love you all!

1 comment:

BECKY said...

I know it's been slow for you, but six weeks is a huge mark to pass! Keep going!!!